We had quite a busy weekend, so I didn't get an opportunity to post this yesterday, on our thirteenth wedding anniversary. But I didn't want to let it go by without ANY comment, so without further ado, here are thirteen things about The Husband:
1. He kills the spiders. And whatever other creepy-crawlies show up. Not always without grumbling over my disturbing him, but he DOES do it.
2. He grills a mean steak. I've eaten a lot of restaurant steaks, and I've had very few better than how he seasons & grills 'em.
3. He eats what I cook. Even if I put mushrooms in it.
4. He thinks breakfast for dinner is weird, and is baffled by my adoration for cereal at any time of day. Out of respect for his abhorrence, though, I only make myself scrambled eggs & bacon for dinner on nights he's not home.
5. He's a hardcore extrovert. Luckily, I grew up in a house with an extrovert, so my introvert self manages to (mostly) cope.
6. He completely supported me finishing my undergrad degree, and subsequently, my decision to go to graduate school, even though both things were a total time sink that took a lot of my time and attention, and put a lot of constraints on our free time.
7. He tells me I'm pretty, or sexy, or looking good.
8. He reads to me, and does the voices. Really well.
9. When it comes down to it, he's far more adventurous than I am.
10. Sometimes, he lets me have the remote.
11. He tolerates my shoes. And bags.
12. He gives really good hugs.
13. He loves me, and thinks I'm awesome, just the way I am.
Happy (slightly belated) anniversary, Darlin'!